Hey ya’ll, welcome to J&J’s Getaway Campground & RV Park in Murphy, NC! We hope the details below will answer questions about the campground so that you can confidently book your stay at the Getaway!
When you visit J&J’s Getaway, you’ll quickly get a sense of the uniqueness of the campground. You will be greeted by a vibrant, sunny Shasta named Fred that will surely make you smile! As you start to hear the babbling creeks and see the 360 degree mountain views, you’ll come up on the General Store where you can get your camping essentials and shop for special trinkets. Host a gathering in the string lit pavilion, or take it easy by stargazing next to the campfire. Unique to other local camping spots, J&J’s Getaway welcomes all campers: RVs, tent campers and folks who want to glamp cabin-style. Please see below for campground details and FAQs.
- Visit https://www.campspot.com/book/jandjsgetaway and book in less than 3 minutes!
- You can also give us a call at (828) 837-9077, understanding that we may be busy with another guests or tending to the campground; leave a message if you get the answering machine and we’ll call back asap
- We accept WALK-UP campers up until 8 PM as long as the campground has availability. If you drop by and we are not at the store, you can use the paging system at the front to buzz management.
- Directions to the campground are on our website here (https://jandjsgetaway.com/directions/)
- The elevation is 1,900 ft; the roads are tight and windy at some points. If you have a LARGE RIG, we ask that you drive slowly and cautiously to ensure safety for all.
- We suggest that LARGE RIGS coming from Murphy take the Unicoi Turnpike and come in from the northwest, as there are less dramatic road curves (opposed to the Hanging Dog Rd. route)
- If travelers tend to get motion/car sick, please take precautions accordingly.
- Food & beverages: Please bring food and beverages for the duration of your stay. The campground is 25 minutes to the nearest grocery store, and 12 minutes to a general store that has select meals (pizza, hamburgers, bbq sandwiches). Limited snacks, sodas and water are available at J&J’s General Store.
- Towels: Please bring towels for the bathhouse.
- Anything that travelers need before arriving at the campground, there’s a Wal-Mart, Ingles Grocery, Advanced Auto, several gas stations, and other stores located in downtown Murphy (22 min from campground). Propane is available at CarQuest and Tractor Supply.
- Creeks throughout the property, as well as a pond, for campers to enjoy, but not ideal for fishing
- Large grassy area at bottom of loop; bring your favorite ball game and enjoy the playground
- Most sites are on the creek
- 360 degree mountain views throughout the 7+ acre campground
- Low light pollution which creates the best star gazing
- Short nature walk to a magical area where Beaver Dam Creek and Horton Branch meet; perfect place to hang a hammock or enjoy a picnic
Cell service is limited; WiFi is not available. Service towers are limited in the surrounding mountainous area, therefore we cannot guarantee that you will have reception on site. The “cell phone lot” is 1 mile from camp – there’s decent service to make a call and surf the web.
J&J’s is the perfect place if you’re looking to getaway and not be glued to devices. J&J’s is not a great option for those looking to work remotely, stream entertainment, etc., unless you are equipped with equipment/antennas for your camping rig.
- 2 Bathhouses offer 4 individual showers+restrooms and are open 24-hours
- Laundry facility is located in bathhouse #1 for campers to use at $1.50 per machine
- Pavilion daily rentals available for private groups and parties
- Onsite store to open May 14, 2021
- Store hours: 7-10 AM; 4-6 PM *We are available throughout the day and encourage guests to use the paging system for needs outside of store hours
- Firewood is available at the general store, as well as the firewood shed at the bottom of the property (money lock-box at shed). We can deliver to your site upon request. $5 per bundle.
- Camping essentials, personal care items, apparel, snacks and gifts are for sale
- 19 creek front RV sites to accommodate motorhomes, camper vans, 5th wheels, pop-ups, and truck campers up to 45 feet; 1 hillside site for toy haulers 11 creek front tent sites that can also accommodate pop-ups and vans less than 22 feet long
- 4 primitive tent sites next to the pond
- 3 glamping cabins that contain essentials such as bed(s), heat and A/C, and a mini fridge
- All sites 1) are back-ins 2) have a mixture of grass and gravel 3) have picnic tables and fire rings
- Slide outs are allowed, temporary awnings are permitted.
If you have any questions about the campground, please read below for campground policies. If we can help you pick the best camp site, or answer any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 837-9077. We can’t wait to see you at the Getaway!
The full cost of your stay must be paid at the time of reserving.
All rates are based upon four person occupancy. Up to four persons may occupy each site overnight and one vehicle per site. Additional guests are $5.00 per day per person and $5.00 per day per additional vehicle. Extra vehicles may be asked to park in the overflow lot depending on space and campground capacity. RV sites have a limit of 6 people, tent sites have a limit of 8 people and 2 tents, and cabins a limit of 5 people.
All vehicles and camping equipment must have valid license tags and insurance.
Management reserves the right to have any vehicle and/or guest that is not recognized removed from the campground.
Visitors must be 18 years or older to register as campers.
Site reservations are not guaranteed as to actual location. However, we will make every attempt to accommodate your site request. If you would like to change sites, please check with management so we can confirm that the site is available.
Please keep your site tidy at all times.
Each site is equipped with a fire ring. Please use responsibly by not leaving fires unattended and extinguish fires once you are done. If you bring firewood into the campground, the wood’s origin must be from the state of North Carolina. There are multiple places to purchase firewood in the area including Ingles, The Hanging Dog General Store and J&J’s Getaway General Store. Campers may collect dead and down wood found in the campground.
We understand circumstances arise. If your reservation needs to be cancelled, please cancel 7 days prior to your check-in date to receive a 100% refund. If your reservation is cancelled between the 7 day period and 48 hours prior to your check-in date, you will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations within 48 hours of your check-in date or no-shows will not receive a refund. We do not provide refunds for poor weather conditions or any act of God.
All cancellations will incur a $10 processing fee. Refunds take 3-7 days to process. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
The check-in process is seamless at J&J’s: 24 hours before your stay, you will receive an email to check-in. Please follow the prompts. No action required once you arrive at the campground, just enjoy your stay!
Check-in is 2 PM ET; Check-out is 12 PM ET. If you would like an extended check-out, or wish to arrive earlier, please contact the office to discuss availability. There are no refunds for early checkout.
Guests under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Active military, veterans, and first responders – we thank you for your service! At J&J’s Getaway, you will receive a 10% discount for your entire stay. You can indicate your affiliation during your online reservation to receive the discount.
Dishes can be washed in the utility sink at the back of bathhouse #1. Please do not wash dishes in bathroom sinks.
We welcome your pets (2 per site) and ask that you please follow respectful pet etiquette: leashed at all times on premise, poop picked up, and being courteous of other animals and noise levels.
Firearms and fireworks are prohibited at the campground. Please do not bring firewood into the campground that originates other than the state of North Carolina.
10 PM – 8 AM. All children should be at their campsite by 10 PM.
During this time, any loud music or bothersome activity that creates excessive noise is strictly prohibited. Please do not impose on other guests and be mindful of noises such as music, loud discussions, pets, etc. Management reserves the right to ask guests to decrease noise levels, and if necessary, ask loud guests to leave the campground.
Please follow the 5 MPH speed limit throughout the campground to ensure safety of all guests.
Temporary equipment, such as awnings and tent screens, are permitted. Permanent equipment, such as patios, are not permitted.
Each site is equipped with a trash can for your garbage disposal. Please discard of pet waste in the designated pet trash bins, not in site trash cans.
Washing camping equipment on sites is not permitted. If you need to wash your rig or perform severe maintenance, please connect with management.
Hoses must be disconnected from water and sewer hookups during freezing weather. You will be held responsible for any damage resulting from frozen water conditions.
Be aware of wildlife such as bears, coyotes, deer, raccoons, etc. They are not tame! Do not feed them or leave food and trash out on site.
If we can help you pick the best camp site, or answer any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (828) 837-9077. We can’t wait to see you at the Getaway!